Wednesday, December 27, 2006

AN ASYMPTOTIC LIFE......

asymptotes......mathematically speaking a line which touches a curve or its branch at infinity.yet another concept of maths which made no sense to me(my list of absurd mathematical concepts start with "iota".. i mean how come you sit and devise theories for something which is non-existent and yet have the hypocrisy to call it "imaginary"!!). neways , back to asymptotes for now.. it was one of those rare moments of inspiration that i realised that how asymptotic life is!!
ah!! another of those profound statements...i even surprise myself!!

as i was saying, life is so asymptotic....
when i was a kid, i sometimes couldn't understand certain things. my questions were answered with a simple you'll- understand- when- you''ll-grow-up type response.. i am 20 (20.5 to be precise) and yet i don't think that i have understood those very questions.. like why i was ornate with specs for no fault of mine( a congenital defect resulted in me getting bespectacled at the age of 9),or why i failed to achieve what i wanted to,or why things happen to me in a way they do...maybe i need to "grow up" further... it is quite possible that when once again I'll be in this sort of vacant or pensive mood, at some other age ,at some other time and once again i might be ravaged by such abstract thoughts then again I'll pacify myself that maybe i will understand when I'll grow up...
life, you see, is so asymptotic.. trying to catch up or maybe just touch past the curve of existence....

No comments: